Helicopter Transport and Landing Zone Safety
Always follow Flight For Life® Colorado transport preparation and landing zone safety procedures.
- Watch the Helipad Safety Video
- Selecting a Landing Zone
- Preparing a Landing Zone
- Helicopter Landing Area Safety
- Helipad Safety
Fixed Wing Aircraft Safety Zone
- Ambulances should not back up to the airplane, but pull alongside, parallel to it and with plenty of distance between the ambulance and the tip of the wing.
- The ambulance should remain at the airport until the airplane has departed.
- When the airplane is in motion, the ambulance should have strobe and bright lights turned off.