Openings at Flight For Life Colorado (updated 5/24/13):
Prerequisites to Employment with Flight For Life Colorado
Flight For Life Colorado began in 1972 with a single Alouette III helicopter, based at St. Anthony Central Hospital in Denver. It was the first hospital-based medical helicopter program in the U.S. From its humble beginnings, it has grown to be a regional program responding to nine states. Flight For Life Colorado provides critical care transport with four helicopters, three ambulances and two airplanes, serving patients across several states
- BSN degree completed,
- ACLS, PALS and BLS credentials.
- 5+ years full time experience in a critical care or ED environment, or a mixture of both.
- Teaching experience is an advantage.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts and rotate between base locations
CO RN license; ACLS, PALS. Within 12 months of hire: TNATC, NRP, PCEP. Within 3 years of hire: CFRN. BSN or must obtain BSN within 3 years from hire date. Must maintain currency in all certifications required by CAMTS. Minimum Three years Critical Care Exp; Adult or pediatric / neonatal emphasis.
Flight Internship RN's:
- 5+ years experience in critical care.
- BSN preferred, ATLS and PALS
- Following a 3 weeek orientation, will require at least 4 shifts per six weeks with an RN preceptor.
- 5+ years full time experience with a busy 911 response agency
- ACLS, PALS, and BLS credentials
- Ability to work a variety of shifts and rotate between bases
- FP-C credentials are an advantage but not required
- 12 months or more of full time experience operating an ambulance that participates in 911 response
- Excellent driving record
- BLS certification
- IV certification an advantage but not required